What is FameLab?
Who can enter?
Why should you enter?
How can you enter?
There are multiple heats taking place around the country. Register online to participate at an institutional or public heat, by completing the registration form. Visit https://www.britishcouncil.org.za/famelab for more info.
Where are there heats?
Heats are running between August 2020 and August 2021. The institutional heats are organised by partner organisations for the representatives of that institution. Open heats are open to all, regardless of institutional affiliation. Each heat is preceded by a science communication and public speaking workshop in order to develop skills, prepare participants and instil confidence. See below a list of upcoming virtual workshops and heats for 20/21 cycle:
SAASTA-sponsored Open Heats:
• Northern Regional Heat – University of Limpopo and University of Venda – 16 & 17 February.
• Central Regional Heat – Central University of Technology, University of the Free State and institutions from Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal – 2 & 3 March.
• Southern Regional Heat – Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and other institutions from the Eastern and Western Cape – 16 & 17 March. Click HERE for registration.
• Internal NRF Facility Heat – 24 March (participants must be affiliated to an NRF Facility)
If your institution is not hosting a heat, keep an eye on social media for announcements about how to register for SAASTA’s Open Heats.
• North West University – 10 and 11 February
• African Health Research Institute – 11 and 12 March
• Centre of Excellence in Mathematics and Statistical Sciences – TBC
• University of Witwatersrand – TBC
• UNISA – 11 and 12 August 2021