Workshops and Training
The South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement (SAASTA), a business unit of the National Research Foundation (NRF), is tasked with the science engagement mandate of contributing towards the aspirations of the NRF Vision 2030 of supporting the development of a scientifically literate and engaged society in order to strengthen the relationship between science and society. The NRF-SAASTA is also responsible for the leadership and coordination of the DSI system-wide science engagement programme guided by the Science Engagement Strategy.
SAASTA hosts an array of workshops with the aim to provide scientists and researchers with a better appreciation for the communication of their science to the broader public, and to encourage them to ‘package’ and share their science using accessible language.
Did you know?
The essence of good science communication lies in providing credible and accurate information that is accessible to all South African communities. This includes developing the media and communication skills of researchers, enabling them to more effectively share their achievements in priority research areas.
STEMI Community Of Practice Webinar Educator Engagement
- Hydrogen Regulations, Standards, Codes and Certifications Webinar - March 2023
- STEMI Community Of Practice Webinar Educator Engagement - 04 April 2023
- Enhancing Transparency And Public Trust In Nanotechnology Webinar - March 2023
- The role of traditional medicine in modern healthcare systems - September 2022
- GIS Educators Workshop - June 2022
- GIS Educators Workshop - February 2022
- Natural Sciences Educators Workshop
- Food security and nutrition: contributing to sustainable development goals
- Life Science Educator Workshop - Biomes
Revival Christian Outreach Ministries – Academic Day