Science and Data Journalism Online Workshops
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Journalists have had to get up to speed with the science that underpins the COVID-19 pandemic to be able to tell the story accurately and to inform their audience of how to protect themselves against the novel coronavirus, This workshop will look broadly at science, it’s impact on society, and how science works, with a COVID-19 focus. There will be tips and ideas on how to tell science stories.
The South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement objective in collaboration with the Media Development Agency is to train journalists especially community media journalists in science journalism. Thus will enable them to communicate science and technology stories in all the South African indigenous languages and to promote interest in science and technology reporting in the community media space.
- The workshop strives to achieve the following:
- scientific information is accessible in diverse languages to all South Africans through the community media outlets.
- to empower journalists with science journalism skills.
- to empower citizens with scientific information
- to promote science communication engagement between the “public” and scientists
DATE AND TIME
7 – 11 September 2020
9/10 – 12:00
Closing Date : 3 September 2020
Limited spaces are available for the main stream media and community media journalists, hurry and register as soon as possible. Spaces for the online workshops will be allocated to participants on the first come, first serve basis.
Call +27 (0)12 392 9300