Brain waves development is excited to host the second annual Loxion science fair and expo. Our first event saw us host an overwhelming number of learners to a total of 3800 in Mamelodi, which was unheard of. It is for this reason that we are ready to host another one for the benefit of the learners in our community. The science fair is designed to encourage township learners to take part in the exciting world of science and technology, exposing them to experiences they are unlikely to see or witness in school.
The science fair will give learners an opportunity to present their science projects and to compete on an even platform, as it is only open to township schools, where learners have limited resources that prevent them from participating in other regional science expos. It will encourage them to show case their demonstrations without feeling intimidated or side lined by learners from well privileged schools, where they have access to all the resources needed to execute a well-structured and advanced science project.
Our mission is to promote an interest in science and develop a generation of individuals who will not only function in society, but thrive.
Just like with most fairs and expos, the aim is to encourage learners to participate in science, technology, mathematics and innovation activities. Our mission is to develop young black scientists who are able to identify a problem, analyse data, find solutions and be able to communicate their findings effectively. To engage the public in a celebration of our local science community, and the way science, technology, engineering, mathematics and Innovation (STEMI) help us to better understand our and improve our world
Funfilled activities that inspire and induce appreciation for Science and Technology among public and school learners. It comprises science magic shows, innovation workshops, invention shows, lectures and career presentations
Showcase of Africa’s best Science discoveries, Centres of Excellence, Fun-filled Science shows, Career presentations and Exhibitions. Meet Engineers, Space Scientists, Artificial Intelligence Leaders and South Africa’s Science Councils
Sub-Theme: Protecting and preserving indigenous knowledge.
Overall Target numbers: 62 500 people (learners, teachers, students, journalists, science interpreters, indigenous knowledge holders, decision makers, scientists/engineers, researchers, tourists and general public)
Target Areas in South Africa: Free State Province, Gauteng Province, North West Province, Mpumalanga Province and Limpopo Province
Other Target Countries: Lesotho, Zimbabwe and Botswana (Dates: 12, 22 and 24 July 2019 respectively)
We hereby cordially invite you to exhibit at the Graaff-Reinet Career Expos. Your participation will be highly appreciated. This is a joint venture between the Office of the Premier, Local Municipalities, GCIS, the Department of Education and all other stakeholders.
DATES: 23, 24 & 25 July 2019
VENUES: See attached program
TIMES: See attached program
All the secondary school learners from the Blue Crane and Dr Beyers Naudé Local Municipalities, their parents, as well as Out-of-School Youth (OSY) will be invited to attend the Career Expos. We expect to reach 5000 learners from Gr 8 to 12.
There are no costs involved for Exhibitors, however Exhibitors should make their own travelling and accommodation arrangements.
Please confirm your participation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephonically on 083 764 4624. For enquiries, you are welcome to contact me at the above contact details.
We look forward to your participation.
GRAAFF-REINET CMC CAREER EXPOS 2019
Tuesday 23 July 2019:
- 10h00 – 11h00 Cookhouse Secondary School (+ OSY)
- 12h00 – 14h00 Aeroville Secondary School in Somerset East (+ OSY)
- 15h00 – 17h00 Somerset East Youth Center (Gill College, Johnson Nqonqoza & Out-of-School Youth)
(Exhibitors are advised to book accommodation for themselves to sleep over in Somerset East)
Wednesday 24 July 2019:
- 09h00 – 10h00 Pearston Secondary School (+OSY)
- 11h00 – 13h00 Spandau Secondary School in Graaff-Reinet (Spandau, Aberdeen, Asherville & OSY)
- 14h00 – 15h00 Umasizakhe Hall, Graaff-Reinet (Nqweba & OSY)
- 16h00 – 18h00 Union High School Hall (UHS, Hoër Volkskool & OSY)
(Exhibitors are advised to book accommodation for themselves to sleep over in Graaff-Reinet)
Thursday 25 July 2019:
- 10h00 – 11h00 Jansenville Secondary School (Gcinibuzwe, Klipplaat & OSY)
- 12h30 – 14h00 Carel du Toit Secondary School, Steytlerville (+ OSY)
- 15h30 – 17h30 Willowmore Secondary School ( + OSY)
(Exhibitors are advised to sleep over in Willowmore)
- Exhibitors are kindly requested to exhibit at all the venues and not skip certain exhibitions
- Please take note that it can be very cold during mid-winter in the Karoo. Please bring warm clothes
- Exhibitors are reminded to bring their own exhibiting materials, extensions, plugs, etc.
- Please note that the sun sets @ around 17h00 in the winter
- We are looking forward in welcoming all Exhibitors again in our area
We inviting Industry to the Career Fair event to showcase working opportunities for our BSc Graduates. The Pietermaritzburg campus is home to the following disciplines:
Catering for the following disciplines:
BSC – Agriculture
BSC – Life Sciences
BSC – Physics and Chemistry
BSC – Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Sciences
We look forward to having you attend this event.