ScopeX is a Telescope and Astronomy Expo hosted annually since 2002 by amateur astronomers and members of the Astronomical Society of Southern Africa.
The event is held at the Military History Museum in Saxonwold, Johannesburg.
The website www.scopex.co.za gives detail on past events.
ScopeX is a public outreach initiative designed to promote interest and spread enthusiasm and knowledge in astronomy, telescope making, astrophotography and related disciplines within Southern Africa.
The format includes:
• exhibition by amateurs of their home-made telescopes and related equipment, sundials
• demonstrations of how to make your own telescope mirror
• commercial astronomical telescopes, and related equipment
• talks by invited speakers
• science demonstrations and workshops
• astro-photography competition
• star party in the evening when visitors can do sky gazing through telescopes
The Working World Exhibition is the most comprehensive and cutting edge Exhibition – designed to empower and position learners for the world of work.
The Exhibition repackages the essential components of a Career guidance programme into an interactive experience that learners can identify with and find meaningful.
Career resources such as experts sharing opportunities in careers of skills shortages, bursaries and entrepreneurship, seminars as well as the Workbook gives life to South Africa’s largest careers & skills Exhibition.