We hereby cordially invite you to exhibit at the Graaff-Reinet Career Expos. Your participation will be highly appreciated. This is a joint venture between the Office of the Premier, Local Municipalities, GCIS, the Department of Education and all other stakeholders.
DATES: 23, 24 & 25 July 2019
VENUES: See attached program
TIMES: See attached program
All the secondary school learners from the Blue Crane and Dr Beyers Naudé Local Municipalities, their parents, as well as Out-of-School Youth (OSY) will be invited to attend the Career Expos. We expect to reach 5000 learners from Gr 8 to 12.
There are no costs involved for Exhibitors, however Exhibitors should make their own travelling and accommodation arrangements.
Please confirm your participation by email to email@example.com or telephonically on 083 764 4624. For enquiries, you are welcome to contact me at the above contact details.
We look forward to your participation.
GRAAFF-REINET CMC CAREER EXPOS 2019
Tuesday 23 July 2019:
- 10h00 – 11h00 Cookhouse Secondary School (+ OSY)
- 12h00 – 14h00 Aeroville Secondary School in Somerset East (+ OSY)
- 15h00 – 17h00 Somerset East Youth Center (Gill College, Johnson Nqonqoza & Out-of-School Youth)
(Exhibitors are advised to book accommodation for themselves to sleep over in Somerset East)
Wednesday 24 July 2019:
- 09h00 – 10h00 Pearston Secondary School (+OSY)
- 11h00 – 13h00 Spandau Secondary School in Graaff-Reinet (Spandau, Aberdeen, Asherville & OSY)
- 14h00 – 15h00 Umasizakhe Hall, Graaff-Reinet (Nqweba & OSY)
- 16h00 – 18h00 Union High School Hall (UHS, Hoër Volkskool & OSY)
(Exhibitors are advised to book accommodation for themselves to sleep over in Graaff-Reinet)
Thursday 25 July 2019:
- 10h00 – 11h00 Jansenville Secondary School (Gcinibuzwe, Klipplaat & OSY)
- 12h30 – 14h00 Carel du Toit Secondary School, Steytlerville (+ OSY)
- 15h30 – 17h30 Willowmore Secondary School ( + OSY)
(Exhibitors are advised to sleep over in Willowmore)
- Exhibitors are kindly requested to exhibit at all the venues and not skip certain exhibitions
- Please take note that it can be very cold during mid-winter in the Karoo. Please bring warm clothes
- Exhibitors are reminded to bring their own exhibiting materials, extensions, plugs, etc.
- Please note that the sun sets @ around 17h00 in the winter
- We are looking forward in welcoming all Exhibitors again in our area
We inviting Industry to the Career Fair event to showcase working opportunities for our BSc Graduates. The Pietermaritzburg campus is home to the following disciplines:
Catering for the following disciplines:
BSC – Agriculture
BSC – Life Sciences
BSC – Physics and Chemistry
BSC – Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Sciences
We look forward to having you attend this event.
This is a project aimed at impacting in a positive way the teaching and learning of science at our local primary schools. It is also aimed at helping improve in totality the learner’s abilities in dealing with challenges generally through engaging in various activities that are organized by iThemba LABS in collaboration with the teachers whose schools take part in the programme. Five learners are chosen by the teachers to represent the school in the programme which runs in two phases between the first and the third quarter of the school calendar. The first phase involves learners being bussed buy iThemba LABS to visit various places of science interest so as to expand their knowledge and see relevance of science in real life. Places to be visited this year will include Cape Town Heart Museum (Prof Chris Barnard Memorial), Cape Town Science, iThemba LABS itself as well as The Giraffe House. A three-day life skill camp happening during the September/October holidays is the second phase of the programme. Here the learners are taken through a mentoring process on important aspects like self-discipline, self-motivation, dealing with peer pressure, setting goals, team work etc. We feel that learners that go through programmes like this are far better equipped to deal with difficult challenges later on in school life and in general and are therefore adding for themselves ingredients that are much needed to have a recipe that is called “success in life”.
All the expenses of being in this programme are carried by iThemba LABS.
Excursions: 1. Cape Town Science Centre – 10 August 2019
2. Cape Town Heart Museum – 17 August 2019
3. iThemba LABS Visit- In-house program- 24 August 2019
4. Giraffe House- 07 September 2019
5. 4 Days Camp in Sutherland SAAO- 24- 27 September 2019.
The Open Day:
An event when iThemba LABS opens its doors to members of the public including school learners.
On this day which can only happen during shut down periods, the public gets to have information and insight on all the science research and the application thereof done at the facility. This is through well guided tours and interactive lectures presented to the public for the entire day. This year`s Open day will be held on the 24th of August.
ScopeX is a Telescope and Astronomy Expo hosted annually since 2002 by amateur astronomers and members of the Astronomical Society of Southern Africa.
The event is held at the Military History Museum in Saxonwold, Johannesburg.
The website www.scopex.co.za gives detail on past events.
ScopeX is a public outreach initiative designed to promote interest and spread enthusiasm and knowledge in astronomy, telescope making, astrophotography and related disciplines within Southern Africa.
The format includes:
• exhibition by amateurs of their home-made telescopes and related equipment, sundials
• demonstrations of how to make your own telescope mirror
• commercial astronomical telescopes, and related equipment
• talks by invited speakers
• science demonstrations and workshops
• astro-photography competition
• star party in the evening when visitors can do sky gazing through telescopes
The event aims to support learners from grade 4 until grade 9 on their term 4 topic: Planet Earth and beyond.
We will show audio visuals on the space. Topics will include the planets in our solar system, the birth and death of the star and exploring different planets.
Mphotho Community Development Centre is collaborating with various organizations including but not limited to SAASTA and SANSA.