Why not give the budding young scientists in your school the opportunity to show off their talent?
Educators, we need your help to motivate your learners to experience the thrill of competing with others from around the country in the National Science Olympiad and to coordinate their participation in this event. Learners in grades 10, 11 and 12 may enter to compete for a range of exciting prizes.
- The Olympiad will comprise two papers, namely Biology, and Physical Science. Learners can only enter for one paper, either Biology or Physical Science.
- Both papers will be mainly based on High School syllabi (up to grade 12) but not restricted.
The Olympiad examination will be written on Thursday 4 March 2010 from 09:00-12:00 - under your supervision at your school (no need to worry about transport!).
SAASTA will ensure that question papers are distributed to schools before the exam, and collected thereafter.
Enter to write the 46th National Science Olympiad on 4 March 2010:
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions:
Complete the entry form and return it to SAASTA (with a duplicate copy) as soon as possible.
Schools should confirm the number of learners entered in the Olympiad by either telephone (012) 392 9360 or fax (012) 320 7803.
The entry fee for each learner before:
- 28 November 2009 is R20-00
- 15 December 2009 is R25-00
- Thereafter, before 30 January 2010 is R30-00
Special arrangements can be made for schools/learners that cannot afford the entry fee. Principals should contact us for details before 27 November 2009.
Tel: (012) 392 9300 / 9360
Fax: (012) 320 7803/392 9350